DaVita is dynamic, growing and entrepreneurial. We have created a new and rapidly growing service line dedicated to improving patients’ lives by bringing DaVita’s industry-leading dialysis care on-site to skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). In coordination with local nephrologists and health systems, DaVita works to identify, engage, and partner with leading SNFs to develop on-site hemodialysis programs that complement our in-center, home, hospital programs, ensuring excellence across the care continuum.
Click here for more information: https://www.davita.com/partners/skilled-nursing-facilities
We are seeking an ambitious, experienced leader, as a Division Vice President (DVP) to lead our operations across a large geographical region. This position will be remote with travel throughout the territory. This teammate will need to reside in: Pacific North West, New Mexico, Colorado Nevada, Utah, or Arizona.
This position is a key member of DaVita’s post-acute field management team responsible for the general management and oversight of operations within an assigned post-acute operating division. This division will cover major markets that range from Pacific North West down through Colorado and Utah. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and direction to the field operations management of DaVita to ensure safe, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care. Additionally, this position identifies and develops strategic growth opportunities, monitors division performance, and works closely with senior leadership to develop competitive strategies in alignment with DaVita’s mission and values to support DaVita Post-Acute services achieving assigned clinical and financial objectives and, ultimately, to a leading position within the assigned operating division for Post-Acute dialysis services. This position has budget and P&L accountability.
This role will manage a portfolio of skilled nursing facility (SNF) partnerships to optimize the delivery of kidney care in the post-acute setting and to improve quality of life for residents with kidney disease. You will lead a growing, socially responsible business that strives to be the role model for American Healthcare. You will join a team of highly motivated individuals that engage with their head, heart, and hands to better serve the people of their community. At this level in our organization, our leadership ranks consist of ex-consultants, military leaders, investment bankers and hospital C-suite executives.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Full P&L management and corresponding general operations team management and leadership responsibilities
• Provide leadership to direct reports and strategic leadership to division teammates, including:
• Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
• Develop and foster a positive, fulfilling work environment within the division
• Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company • Ensure effective implementation of all corporate programs.
• Identify and implement methods that enable all division teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment; develop and foster a positive work environment
• Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
• Review, analyze, and implement staffing plans that promote the most effective use of teammates
• Oversee and/or manage all teammate employment activity effectively and professionally including hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, compensation, teammate relations, disciplinary actions, and terminations
• Know, understand, follow, and implement wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare regulations, and legislation affecting employment; ensure compliance with all laws and regulations including Teammate Health and Safety Training Program and DaVita healthcare clinical and safety standards
• Develop and execute strategic operating plans and goals for assigned division leading to an industry leading position in Post-Acute Services, including:
• Track metrics and success criteria including ROI for all activities
• Analyze current trends impacting patient service delivery
• Review, analyze, and address gaps in service excellence, policies, and/or procedures proactively; identify issues and implement solutions
• Lead the creation and implementation of teammate development processes and succession planning including mentoring, coaching, and modeling appropriate leadership behaviors
• Lead management of key stakeholder relationships, including SNF facility and corporate leadership, physicians, health systems, payors and others in support of Post-Acute Services clinical and financial objectives.
• Maintain a liaison relationship between the corporate office and field operations. Develop positive work relationships with all levels of management and other departments in the Village; work collaboratively with field management, legal, finance, etc.
• Manage financial and revenue growth, operations and labor management, contract management, and clinical outcomes within the division leading to achieving clinical and financial goals.
• Lead the creation and implementation of DaVita’s operating strategies for Post-Acute Services based on the identification of Best Demonstrated Practices in the assigned operating division.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of competition; proactively assess related SWOT (division strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats); analyze and implement effective responses
• Other duties as assigned Qualifications
• 10+ years of experience in multi-site healthcare delivery operations or similar
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, MHA or other Masters in related area strongly preferred
• Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, physicians, and teammates to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated management team.
• Demonstrated leadership skills; able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact DaVita’s position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and attitudes; able to recognize unique contributions of individuals and teamwork
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
• Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence
• Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile.
• Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact DaVita. Demonstrated ability to bring innovative thinking to the operations and management of Post-Acute dialysis operation
• Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits