MacKay Sposito is seeking a senior-level natural resource and permitting specialist to join our team. This role is ideal for someone who loves balancing the built and natural environments, enjoys a variety of project types and locations, and also understands the true meaning of client service.
When you see the words “we’re just like family” in a job posting, do you run for the hills? We get it. But rest assured, when we say “family” at MacKay Sposito, we don’t mean your weird uncle. Think of us as your cool cousins: the ones you play ping pong and darts with at every reunion, or actually look forward to meeting for happy hour. Because we like to do all that stuff, too! (And don’t even get us started on cornhole tournaments or Chili Dog Day). Yes, we’re serious about our work – but we’re serious about fun, too. If that sounds good to you, let’s talk. Because life is too short to dread Mondays.
We intend to fill this position with a candidate who brings with them a critical and related set of skills, knowledge, and experiences. All are encouraged to apply, even those who believe they do not meet every single one of the qualifications. Simply put, we are interested in finding the best candidate for the job.
- Support and manage natural resource permitting solutions to help clients’ realize their goals related to environmental planning/permitting, and/or environmental reviews (e.g., federal/state/local natural resource permitting and environmental reviews, wetland and/or water resource permitting, Endangered Species Act consultations, NEPA/SEPA documentation, etc.).
- Manage and prepare technical reports for a variety of natural resource requirements including Biological Assessments, Critical Areas Reports, Shoreline Permits, 404/401 applications, NEPA/SEPA documents, etc.
- Lead coordination with clients and city, county, state, and federal regulators.
- Assist with business development and proposal support.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical, natural, or environmental science, or similar related field.
- 7+ years of experience permitting natural resource impacts in Oregon and Washington.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations and prepare highly technical reports.
- Desire to develop strong relationships with staff, clients, and regulators.
- Mastery of technical writing with great time management skills.
- Detail-oriented mindset with the ability to see the big picture.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:
Employees of MacKay Sposito are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes MacKay Sposito an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
At MacKay Sposito, we’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a unique and diverse mix of employees who enjoy each other’s company. In addition to having first-rate technical skills, we search out people who are friendly, honest and dedicated to their work. We know work isn't only about who you work for, it is also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible.
We believe firmly in the principle of constructive candor – always telling the client everything they need to know to make fully informed decisions. By creating a positive, committed and supportive environment, we’re able to challenge our people to be the best that they can be, and to celebrate every success.
About MacKay Sposito:
With a diversified portfolio of business segments including civil engineering, landscape architecture, land surveying, construction management, environmental services, and entitlement and planning services, coupled with our strategic mix of public and private clients, we feel well positioned for stability and growth.
MacKay Sposito is all about building lasting relationships and strong communities, whether connecting public and private sectors, helping our clients put together a complex mixed-use masterplan development, getting power to a remote rural outpost, or improving a city’s facilities. At our core, we’re committed to honesty, dedication and relationships. These pillars make up the foundation of how we treat our people, and ultimately our clients
Employment requires passing a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
As a federal Contractor we participate in E-Verify.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.