Part Time Faculty - CS/CIS
This is an open continuous application process to apply for Part Time Faculty - Computer Science/Computer Information Systems (CS/CIS) positions at Highline College.
The department coordinator will review applications to fill needs as they arise. Vacancies may be identified ahead of time, such as offering multiple classes in a subject in an upcoming quarter, or vacancies may occur with little notice, such as when needed to backfill in an unanticipated situation. There may be times when the department is not hiring for adjunct faculty.
Computer Science and Computer Information Systems classes include a wide range of programming, web design, hardware, network security and other related topics as shown in the links below. Please specify your area of expertise and experience within your online application. Salary will depend on number of classes taught.
Please use the following links to gain more information about the departments:
Computer Science https://caf.highline.edu/?page=main&deptID=9&dept=Computer+Science
Computer Information Systems https://caf.highline.edu/?page=main&deptID=8&dept=Computer+Information+Systems
- Essential Tasks
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PART-TIME FACULTY:
• To provide instruction to students and help promote effective learning.
• To ensure that course content is consistent with department guidelines.
• To maintain communication with department coordinator, and with department faculty.
• To meet and maintain, as a condition of employment, the requirements for certification appropriate to the faculty member's particular field. This may include vocational certification and professional licensing.
• To be able to assist students with educational planning or direct students to appropriate campus resources.
• To pursue appropriate professional development activities in order to stay current in assigned teaching fields, program, and discipline.
• To comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
• To maintain a standard of honest and ethical behavior in their professional duties.
• To maintain and submit required institutional and state records and reports on a timely basis.
• To assume reasonable responsibility for care and safekeeping of College supplies and equipment.
Unless noted above, positions require a Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least one year of industry experience; OR a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field.
Higher education teaching experience.
Unofficial transcripts will be required at time of hire.
- Supplemental Information
Highline College prides itself on its commitment to diversity, its institutional culture of collegiality and innovation, its globalization of curricula, and its inclusion of the community in its programming.
Located 20 minutes south of downtown Seattle, Highline College serves one of the most diverse populations in the western states. Nearly 70 percent of the college's 12,000 students are students of color, representing over 35 nations and more than 100 languages.
Highline's core goals are Student Attainment, Diversity, Community Engagement, and Sustainability. The college community strives to maintain a campus climate that integrates equity, inclusion, and social justice as core values. Among other recent recognitions, Highline received a distinguished Award of Excellence from the American Association of Community Colleges in 2014, as well as the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award in 2013 and 2014. The college was also named one of the Chronicle of Higher Education's Best Colleges to Work For in 2010 and 2013.
Highline's faculty number nearly 500, including more than 120 full-time faculty and 350 part-time instructors. Highline offers one of the highest full-time faculty salary levels in the state and strong support for faculty professional growth, innovation, and leadership.
Additional information is available at http://www.highline.edu/allabout.php