Customer Service Supervisor
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Job Description SummaryPOSITION SUMMARY:
Serves in a leadership capacity to assist branch manager in motivating and supporting Customer Service Representative (CSR) staff to participation in branch sales efforts, exemplary customer service, and sound branch operations. In conjunction with Branch Manager: Responsible for scheduling, supervising and coaching Customer Service Representative (CSR) staff, managing paying, receiving and new account operations, and ensuring branch regulatory compliance. Models exemplary sales and service skills and coaches team to explore customer needs and sell appropriate bank products and services, including referrals to other business units. May provide remote approvals for overrides to other branch locations. Resolves customer issues. Actively interacts with internal support areas.
- Works with Branch Manager to coach CSR staff for improved job performance, assists manager with performance reviews and develops individual performance goals. Provides input on hiring and termination activities
- Positively recognizes staff for exceptional customer service, sales, and operations
- Actively engages staff to cultivate and encourage professional development
- Develops strong internal partnerships with support teams, marketing and other sales production areas
- Provides sales and service training targeted to branch needs and specific development goals of CSR staff
- Works with Branch Manager to set team goals and motivates staff to success
- Presents at staff meetings and may conduct offsite presentations such as Financial Literacy Training and Bank at Work presentations
- Actively profiles new and existing clients, ensuring appropriate sales of bank deposit and lending products. Actively initiates partner referrals when appropriate to client needs.
- Works with branch manager to motivate and coach CSR staff to desired production levels.
- Assists Branch Manager with sales programs to generate targeted branch deposit growth
- Works closely with Branch Manager on business customer prospecting / business development, including outside calling
Branch Operations Activities
- Schedules CSR staff to ensure appropriate lobby coverage
- Works with CSR staff to ensure effective lobby management and a positive customer experience
- Keeps CSR staff current with operational standards and procedures, performs and reviews internal audits, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Maintains branch security by coaching and training staff in security procedures. Ensures controls are maintained over items such as keys, combinations, security signals and cash limits.
- Determines rejects /returns in adherence with guidelines determined by Retail Leadership
- As needed, assists customers with paying and receiving activities and account servicing, always remaining vigilant to support of customer needs.
- Ensures appropriate assignment of ATM servicing and cash vault duties, may assume these duties.
- May provide remote approvals to CSR staff at other branch locations
- Consistently models exemplary customer service
- Coaches CSR staff to enhanced customer service levels
- Actively listens to clients and maintains a friendly, positive, professional attitude. Resolves difficult situations with creativity, tact and diplomacy while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Partners with Branch Manager to perform customer retention activities.
- Participates in a minimum of 2 community involvement activities per year
- Works with Branch Manager and Marketing team to determine sponsorship opportunities each year.
Minimum of 5 years job experience as a Senior CSR/New Accounts Representative or equivalent, plus demonstrated leadership ability in an operations area related to Bank or retail operations.
Professional staff development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are preferred.
Proven ability to lead and develop a team is preferred.
Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills. Proven sales techniques and sales management skills.
Technical skills and experience to operate teller software, Word, Excel, and other bank-related computer programs.
Strong customer relations skills and the ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
Must be a self-starter, dependable, able to work within deadlines under pressure.
Must possess excellent judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and security devices.
Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 1/2 of the time) sitting. Walking, standing, bending and reaching occasionally and for brief periods of time.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.
AreaCustomer Service (Sales)