Processing and Hospital Services Manager
This position is responsible for all aspects of daily laboratory operations including daily supervision of lab staff, monitoring workflow, inventory management and quality control requirements.
- Attainment of department goals
- Efficient staff performance and competency
- High Level of professionalism
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Excellent leadership
- Adherence to all policies, SOPs, regulatory guidelines, safety and cGMP requirements
- Commitment to Mission and Vision of Cascade Regional Blood Services
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Oversees department staff including interviewing, hiring, orienting and training to ensure technical proficiency, quality of work, and biosafety requirements are met in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Schedules staff to meet workload requirements and monitors work practices for maximum efficiency.
- Oversees staff competency evaluations and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Oversees staff adherence to safety standards and compliance with all CRBS policies.
- Oversees the processing, testing, labeling and distribution of blood products in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Oversees the introduction and implementation of new procedures and equipment in the department.
- Develops and maintains department SOPs and training materials.
- Ensures that the department has all the necessary supplies, equipment and other resources to carry out essential functions.
- Conducts timely and accurate review of operational documentation and other applicable reports.
- Ensures all quality and regulatory standards are met and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Ensures the timely completion and investigation of all department-related Quality Improvement Reports (QIR).
- Performs root cause analysis and works with the QA department to implement appropriate corrective and preventive actions to address quality deficiencies.
- Prepares responses to Quality Audit findings.
- Maintains inspection readiness (FDA, AABB, etc.)
- Manages blood product inventory levels to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for purchasing and selling of blood products to ensure operational and fiscal goals are met.
- Maintains records in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Actively supports CRBS management goals.
- Actively participates in establishing and maintaining at all times, a positive professional attitude toward donors, the public, volunteers and fellow employees.=
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains CRBS image by wearing appropriate attire and having good grooming standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Relevant area
- Four years relevant supervisory/management experience. Blood banking preferred in one or several related capacities such as supervision of processing, components, or hospital transfusion services or HPCs.
- Equivalent combination of pertinent education and experience may be considered.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Previous experience in a call center or similar customer service position is desirable.
- Must have a sound understanding of the technical aspects of Blood Center operations.
- Must be capable of evaluating all laboratory testing and quality control procedures to ensure a quality blood product.
- Must have analytical skills to recognize problems and solve them while maintaining every day activities.
- Must be able to have working knowledge of procedures and equipment to troubleshoot, write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) participate in training of employees and to design work flow.
- Must have management skills and leadership qualities to apply interpersonal skills to solve people problems and to gain cooperation of employees.
- Must have organizational abilities in coordinating his/her own work and that of the lab and in prioritizing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Is capable of lifting 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Valid WA state driver’s license with a good driving record (Only if pertains to position)
- Regular attendance and arriving to work on time.