Part-Time Donor Specialist 20-30 Hours Per Week
The Donor Specialist I performs all aspects of Whole Collection at all collection sites, while under direction of the Lead Donor Specialist.
May be trained to perform automated collections, depending on individual performance and CRBS needs.
- Commitment to Mission and Vision of Cascade Regional Blood Services
- Adherence to all policies, SOP’s, regulatory guidelines, safety and cGMP requirements
- Customer Service delivery
- Attainment of department goals
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Adherence to all policies, SOPs, regulatory guidelines, safety and cGMP requirements.
- Meet minimum department performance standards as applicable.
- Donor Registration.
- Interviews donors with knowledge of written medical guidelines and uses good professional judgment in acceptance or deferral of donors.
- Takes histories sufficiently to ensure donor flow.
- Performs review of all donor records for accuracy, and for information regarding duplicate records and deferrals.
- Performs donor physical exam which include temperature, blood pressure, Hgb/Hct and pulse.
- Observes donor for signs of anxiety, illness, fatigue, and uses interviewing skills to elicit honest and complete answers from donors.
- Counsels donors privately when abnormal findings are discovered during history interview.
- Responds to donor’s questions to their satisfaction about health without giving medical advice or unduly increasing their anxiety.
- Is able to perform venipuncture successfully and recognize signs of difficult draws, hematomas or injuries, and is able to make necessary adjustments.
- Is able to provide safety and good customer service to multiple donors throughout the donation process.
- Is able to recognize and prevent or manage donor reactions.
- Instructs all donors on post donation care.
- Can perform all duties to prepare samples and/or units of blood for processing.
- Ability to perform clerical functions relevant to duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains records in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
- Assists in training and orientation of staff.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Duties as assigned related to the donation process including, but not limited to:
o Donor recruitment and retention
o Maintenance of work area, equipment and supplies
o Quality Control issues
o Supportive documentation
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains CRBS image by wearing appropriate attire and having good grooming standards.
- Actively participates in establishing and maintaining at all times, a positive professional attitude toward donors, the public, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Actively supports CRBS management goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant- Certified or Medical Assistant- Phlebotomist Certified (Washington State)
- Computer Proficient
- Prefer knowledge of blood services.
- Able to retain focus and maintain accuracy in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to work in confined area.
- Interpersonal skills to interface effectively with internal and external customers.
- Is capable of lifting 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Valid WA state driver’s license with a good driving record (Only if pertains to position).
- Regular attendance and arriving to work on time.